Radical River Reclaim Revolution
This is a revolutionary pilot initiative we are developing with some fantastic partners…
Radical Recruit – a recruitment agency with a difference. This social enterprise helps homeless people into the job market and into work.
CALM – the suicide prevention charity also known as Campaign Against Living Miserably. Did you know that the risk of suicide increases by 400% if you are homeless? Shocking.
City to Sea – committed to combatting plastic pollution at source, this organisation runs people powered campaigns that help to change the world.
What Are We Going To Do?
Together, we’re hoping to persuade a number of key advertisers from the food, drink and casual dining sectors to help us…
- Recruit 100 young homeless people to create the world’s first professional team to harvest the plastics and packaging that gets discarded into the Thames
- Our recruits will earn London living wage
- Our recruits will simultaneously study for an accredited project and/or event management qualification
- They will also be trained to become City to Sea ambassadors whose mission is to turn the tide on single use plastics.
- Our revolution is not just about clean up operations; it’s about helping to stop pollution at source AND helping our homeless community